Thursday, April 10, 2008

the end is in sight

i can't wait. i can't wait. i can't wait. 5 straight years of busting my ass, overloading classes, sleepless nights, red bull chugs in studios during crit weeks, dreaming of design and contemporary issues, killing myself over the perfect resume, and spending a fuckload of money for that ideal shade of red oil paint. in a few short weeks all that will be at an end. i know that once i'm out i'm going to miss it, and i'll probably start looking into graduate schools, but for right now i can't wait to actually be able to make some money, travel, and maybe even sleep in a day or two! college has been an amazing time in my life, because i have the ability to be self-sufficient, yet still have a safety net so that i don't have to work 3 jobs and go to school full time (anymore!) i have to live this summer up to the fullest extent because it will be my first one as a real adult, and very soon i will need to start acting as such.

things i need to get straight in my life:

-legit moving plans
-purge myself of unnecessary material possessions
-develop a more disciplined artistic work ethic
-make sure i finish school strong

i also need to figure out if this is becoming a rant blog or what my original intention was, of talking about my work and other contemporary influences that i deem important in modern design and artistic times. i think right now i'm a little overwhelmed with "that art stuff" and i need an outlet for my personal thoughts, not so much my creative thoughts. (seeing as i'm trying to give my all in my work). soon enough it will either have to split to 2 blogs or i'll get back to disciplining myself into discussing design topics.

No comments: