Thursday, June 24, 2010

Adam Juresko + Catcher in the Rye = Making Richmond proud

First the Penguin clothbound classics by Coralie Bickford Smith, and now this. Newly vamped book covers are a hot design trend, and I am super stoked to see a Richmond not-so underground art powerhouse making his mark in the literary world as well.



Adam Juresko has long been a figure in the Richmond art scene, and I have to say I am extremely pleased with his newer works and the direction in which he's headed. I've always been a fan of his collages and paintings, and to see his work take a more tightly-knit focused approach to layering paper and assemblage techniques is way exciting, to say the least. Even from across the country it's apparent that he's headed for big things, and I'm sure this won't be the last we hear of him.

Not to mention Catcher in the Rye is a badass book. Nice first choice!

No comments: