Sunday, July 27, 2008

moving!!!!

It's perfect timing. I graduated, I want a real job, I want out of Richmond, and I have someone awesome to move with. Come October, Ashton and I will be WEST COASTERS. It's been something I've been planning on doing for years now, returning to my "homeland" of sorts. It was interesting, yesterday my mom brought up the point that we/I am very uncharacteristic looking for Southern California, with brown hair, broad shoulders, a towering body type, and tattoos. I thought about it for a second and realized that is definitely one of the reasons I'd put off moving out there for college and other reasons. I used to be sensitive about my more "unique" body type, but now I think I put up with enough shit when I was younger to truly TRULY love the way I am and not give a crap about anyone who says otherwise. Basically I can honestly look at myself and love who I am and it took a long time to get here, so if anyone doesn't like me or want to give me a chance because of who I am and what I look like, I don't get mad. I just don't give them the opportunity to MAKE me mad. It's doesn't matter. And that feels good. I know who I am and I don't think a lot of other people know who they are. It's a long hard road to get here, but once you arrive it's the best feeling in the world.

2 comments:

stephanie said...

oh patty demmon, this is the millenium! i think you will be a perfect fit in san daygo.

Unknown said...

hope you have fun in the whale's vagina!