Thursday, December 11, 2008

thanks sarah beth!


I'd seen these before, how could I possibly not blog about them?? Beer is awesome, art is awesome, and mustaches are awesome. This is a totally perfect gift for an enthusiast of any of the mentioned 3. Bread and Badger by Amanda Siska is a way cute independent store with etched glass goods. Take a peek at a few of her other glasses:




It's so inspiring to see young artists making great things simply for the love of creation. There is a lot of negativity in the world and to see small pockets of whimsy is so refreshing. She has a great kitschy gallery seen here, with a wide variety of well-priced items that would be perfect gifts for really anyone. You can also see where she'll be and where she sells on her Where section, which is convenient.

One last thing- the model in this picture looks strikingly similar to Jess from Philadelphia, now in Long Beach.

Please confirm/deny.

2 comments:

philologic said...

I knew you'd love it!

xoxox

Amanda said...

Haha! The model is my friend Zoe (whose family runs www.salmonstreetstudio.com screenprints). I don't think she's ever lived in Phillie or Long Beach, but I think she'll get a kick out of hearing that she looks like someone who did. :)

Thanks for all the kind words, and I'm so glad you like my glasses!!